Historic Castles and Places of Interest
There are many sites which tell stories of Royal feuds and bloody battles dotted all around the Cairngorms National Park and up towards Inverness.
On 16th April 1746, the final Jacobite Rising came to a brutal head in one of the most harrowing battles in British history.
Only half an hour away from Mount Barker, you can visit the Culloden Battlefield and stand on the windswept moor where the Jacobites made their final stand.
The following historic castles are also within easy reach of Mount Barker.
- Balmoral Castle – 38 miles, 1 hr. 10 mins by car
- Braemar Castle – 45 miles, 1 hr. 15 mins by car
- Cawdor Castle – 23 miles, 40 mins by car
- Drumin Castle – 18 miles, 30 mins by car
- Ballindalloch Castle -15 miles, 22 mins by car